THE MINERALOGIE DIFFERENCE
Our secret to beautiful color, flawless coverage and a healthy, fresh look – it's all in the ingredients. At Mineralogie, we understand that makeup should be a natural enhancement, formulated to bring out the best in skin tone and overall appearance; we simply take it one step further. Natural ingredients mean our makeup is truly good for your skin and our Loose Mineral Foundation does not contain talc, dye or perfume.
Get to know the minerals of Mineralogie.
RADIANT & FLAWLESS
Discover the minerals we use to give you a natural, smooth glow. Each ingredient, blended into our cosmetics in varying degrees, provides you with the highest quality, most versatile, and glamorous mineral makeup.
ACTIVE, HARD WORKING, & HEALTHY
- Bismuth Oxychloride: gives our mineral makeup a creamy and luxurious texture and provides long lasting, wear ability.
This mineral is a dense, white, fine-particle-sized, pharmaceutical grade powder. It has a distinct, pearlescent appearance as well as tremendous light diffusing properties.
- Iron Oxides: these oxides provide color to our cosmetics and help keep the skin cool by blocking infrared rays.
The colors vary from red to brown, black to orange, or black to yellow. Each hue is determined by the amount of water introduced to the oxides when they are combined with oxygen.
- Boron Nitride: enhances makeup application by allowing cosmetics to glide on to the face.
A silky, white mineral, it is renowned for its absorbency and long lasting wear.
- Mica: coats vitamins A and E used in our makeup. It provides a subtle, light glow to complement a flawless face.
Mica is part of a family of minerals all containing silicates (SiO4) and is pure in color. Colored micas are achieved by introducing minerals that have oxides from iron and potassium. The size of the Mica particle determines the amount of sparkle in the final product.
- Serecite: provides luminosity to foundations, blushes, bronzers and eye shadows.
A crystalline Mica, Serecite is pure in color and is ground to a super- fine texture allowing it to coat ingredients for a shimmery finish.
- Ultramarines: create rich, vibrant colors such as pink, blue and violet.
These minerals are made from intensely heated iron oxides.
Keeping your skin young and healthy is hard work and Mineralogie makes it easy by including these healthy and active ingredients in our makeup.
- Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A): softens skin, smoothes wrinkles and promotes the shedding of dead skin cells, which helps to prevent acne.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E): an antioxidant that helps prevent sunspots and sun damage. It replenishes and rejuvenates the skin from the harm caused by pollution while providing protection from the sun's ultraviolent rays.
- Titanium Dioxide: a virtual mirror, it reflects the harmful UV rays of the sun and is a vital ingredient in sunscreen. Used to impart a whiteness to color cosmetics, it helps increase a product's opacity and prevents deterioration.
- Z-Cote: a special zinc oxide ingredient containing fine particles that are transparent when applied to the skin. An excellent ultraviolet (UVA and UVB) block without the whitening effect of traditional zinc oxide, Z-Cote is a hypoallergenic formula for sensitive skins. It also helps to alleviate inflammation and acts as an antioxidant.